Both, the Primavera PPM and Primavera EPPM are meant to be used in different environments. Although both share most of their functionalities, each of these software applications have their own use. Let's find out when PPM is preferred and when EPPM may be more suitable.
Primavera P6 EPPM
The EPPM is most suitable when:
1. You have casual scheduling needs.
2. You want to manage programs and portfolios of projects, at a larger level.
3. You want access to your projects data online from anywhere
4. You want to have a centralized resource dictionary for use by all schedulers.
5. You want to manage project risks, issues and documents
6. You want to create reporting dashboards.
Primavera P6 PPM
Also known as Primavera Professional, it is a most commonly used Primavera software. It is most suitable in environments when:
1. You want a tool to update, review, create and analyze project data every day.
2. You want to do basic to advanced or complex level scheduling work.
3. You want a fast and efficient scheduling tool.
4. You want to work with projects offline.
5. You want quick conversions between Primavera/Excel/Project
Further readings recommended for you.
Other articles in Project Management
Free Guide/Tutorial on Primavera P6 24 January 2017
Learn About the Reflection Project in Primavera P6 22 January 2017
Oracle Primavera P6 Keyboard Shortcuts 13 December 2016
Primavera PPM vs EPPM: Which One to Choose 04 December 2016
Functionality in Primavera P6 EPPM, Not in PPM 04 December 2016