Cycling has so many health and other benefits that we should especially take out time from our busy lives and make cycling a daily part of our lives. Here are the many benefits of cycling that you must know.
Health Benefits of Cycling
- Cycling promotes good heart health.
- Diabetes can be controlled through cycling as during cycling glucose present in the blood is utilized.
- Your stamina is increased by regular cycling, which in turns opens for you further options for doing other kinds of physical activities.
- Cycling is stress-reliever. The long the time you spend cycling, the more stress you will release.
- Cycling is also considered as a pain-reduction strategy. If you have pain in any part of your body, cycling can help in reducing or totally getting rid of it.
- Cycling not only helps in preventing arthritis but also in reducing its harmful effects.
- Cycling lowers risk of cancer.
- Your body muscle health is improved.
- Cycling helps insomnia sufferers to sleep in half the time, if you cycle every day for 20-30 minutes.
- Scientists at Stanford University revealed that cycling reduces signs of ageing, due to increased blood circulation and more oxygen delivery inside body.
- Cycling increases brain power as more brain cells are built during cycling.
- Riding bicycle helps to-be mothers in easier labor, faster recovery and it also elevates their mood throughout their 9 months of pregnancy.
Non Health Benefits of Cycling.
- You may get to your destination faster. In many heavily populated cities, for example Birmingham UK and many more, it may take less time to get to another place than traveling in a car.
- You will save money. If you travel by bus you have to pay for the ticket. Driving a car requires you to pay for petrol, oil consumption, wear and tear. Traveling by a bicycle is totally free.
- Cycling is a good pass-time.
- You get the opportunity to get into small streets where you can't enter in a car. Thus, you can explore more of your city on a bike.
- You can make cycling friends.
- It gives you excuse not to watch TV, play games, use mobile phone or do other unproductive / unhealthy activity.
These were the many benefits of cycling. Also read: Benefits of Walking
Tags: benefits of cycling, riding bicycle
Looking for something else? search here