Instagram is a very cool social networking application. This video and photo sharing mobile application was launched in 2010 and within a couple of years it gained a hundred million active users. The popularity of the application is soaring. But like anything else in the world, there are advantages of Instagram and disadvantages of Instagram. Read on and find out the disadvantages and advantages of Instagram.
Advantages of Instagram
- Instagram is the most famous App for photo sharing. One of the most popular uses of Smartphone is Photography. Now the captured images could be directly uploaded and shared with friends on Instagram. There is no need to put the images into a PC or to use a cumbersome App to share the photos.
- Instagram provides a variety of filters. These filters help in enhancing the images and add more character to them. Now, there is no need for a separate editing App for basic editing and touch ups.
- There is hardly any useless functionality on Instagram. It's clear and straightforward. No dramatic status updates, no cryptic search and stalking techniques and no excessive communication scope. It is just about sharing the photos.
Disadvantages of Instagram
- Instagram is primarily a Smartphone App. But its web version is trivial to an annoying level. An enhanced web version would be a great treat.
- The user search should be upgraded. It only searches for the Instagram user names and not the real names of the users.
- This App is highly addictive. With hundreds of thousands of images and the hashtag search, one could dig up thousands of images of interest.
- The photos are small. The images could only be uploaded in a square format with the size of 612 x 612 pixels. Many times, this size feels small. Moreover, if a rectangular image has to be used without cropping, then borders need to be added to complete the square; not cool!
- You can't edit the privacy of each photo differently. They are all either public or private.
These were disadvantages and advantages of Instagram. Without weighing these pros and cons, it could be said undisputedly that Instagram is a smart and very successful application and it has the scope to grow bigger than Facebook as the use of Smartphones is becoming widespread.
You may also like to read:
Tags: Disadvantages of Instagram, Advantages of Instagram
Looking for something else? search here