Causes of Depression
As the world is gradually coming to an end, human beings are becoming more and more vulnerable. We, today are surrounded by worries of all species and kind. Some of them bark on us like dogs while other penetrates into our minds like a snake. Then there are some forms of worries that are not related to us directly but affect us badly exactly like the dirty black crow that sits on the window pane and tweets the entire day in his noisy way.
With the dawn of each new day we humans are seen more worried about how to bring uniqueness in what we do and say, how to be perfect, how to stand different from the crowd and so on and we are only running after desires and wishes and busy in comparisons and evaluations of ourselves with others. Wanting more and more brings depression, anxiety and unhappiness with it.
There are various causes of depression and different people have different reasons associated to their depressed state of mind. However major causes of depression are situations, physical states, emotions and actions.
Some common depression causing situations are workplace, form of work like sales, customer services and clientele handling, team work and so on. Other than this personal situations like family problems, health issues, financial problems etc all are important situations that make us depressed.
Sometimes it so happens that we start thinking negative about ourselves or about an event that is soon to be happening, anxiety about a project to be submitted as to what will happen if I fail the test, if my project is rejected, if the boss fires me from work etc. All such distorted thinking patterns make us depressed.
Sleeping disorders results in a bad mood and laziness which results in a state of depression. Many people face problems in having a good sleep like long working hours, shift work, uncomfortable sleep due to extremely hot weather, kids waking you up in the night etc. There and many other such reasons that make you exhausted and you lack the energy to perform well and start feeling depressed.
Those people who spend much of their time doing only work actually neglect personal well being. These include recreational activities like going for jogging or walking, spending time with friends and family.
These are some of the most common factors of depression that can be cured. Sometimes people know why they are depressed so it's easy to help them get out of it while sometimes people do not know why they are depressed. Usually retired people are more prone to depression as they are retired; living alone, have no social supports or friends etc. However, no matter what age you are if you are depressed try to figure out why? If you are unable to cope up with the depression it is better to start visiting a neurological expert to help you fight with depression.
These were causes of depression! Living with depression is a sin as it reduces your life so the better you get rid of it the easier it is for you to enjoy the rest of your life.
You may also like to read about: Facebook Depression - Causes and Consequences
- Hits: 2892
How to reduce workplace stress? Usually workplace stress rules our life. We start our day with a thought of coping with workplace stress and end our day with more of workplace stress. Gradually this becomes the norm for most of us and it starts affecting our temperaments and well-being.
Here is a quick guide for reduction of workplace stress for you:
1) Routine Management Skills: With some of us it so happens that the moment we wake up in the morning, we start taking stresses related to kids feeding and sending to school, preparing for office, managing house hold or maids, making the end minute meeting points etc and when we reach the workplace we are already in a state of stress due to which we are unable to synchronize our workplace tasks effectively.
Instead, if we get up early and start our day with disciplines, fixed time table and good breakfast then not only will we reach work unstressed but will also remain positive and relaxed throughout the day and work related stresses will easily be done with.
You should try not to think of the problems, difficult task or anything like that when you wake up. Remember whatever your feeling are in the morning and your thoughts, you will face same kind of situations throughout your day.
2) Clear Guidelines: Most of us face the problem for not being clear on what has to be done. This is either because of the unclear guidelines given by the bosses or our disability to understand the command as given. When you are not clear of what to do and how to do it then you start feeling stressed and tensed. So in order to end this stress you need to be vigilant at what is being told to you, if you have questions ask or if you are unclear and confused then say it out so that he helps you get to the path. Sitting and thinking about things that are not in your control only stresses you more. Standing up and getting the tension relieved not only saves time but also reduces a lot of stress.
3) Conflicts increase conflicts: When working in a team or a department then it's difficult to part with the daily conflicts that may arise with co-workers or co-teams so the best way is to ignore the possibility of conflicts to the maximum level. For this you need to stop gossiping, sharing of personal opinions, refrain from discussing politics and issues that can bring life to arguments and if you face someone who is not a co-worker then try to ignore him too. Keep the office environment friendly by sharing good knowledge and positive humor. The easier the environment the lesser are chances of stressful situations.
4) Discipline yourself: As a professional you need to organize yourself. Planning things ahead of time not only save time but also helps in stress reduction or elimination. don't clutter tasks, rather try to get them sorted out as soon as possible. This way you will feel less burdened and relaxed and will be able to plan your future activities effectively.
5) Physical Issues: Sometimes physical discomfort helps in increasing stress levels. These discomforts may be a slow responding PC, Printer problems, discomforting chair and table or other accessories, discomforting or distracting people, noise pollution, telephone calls etc. If you think that a physical item is causing a hindrance to your performance think about replacing it or mending it. Remember you are at work and your priority is your performance so any controllable hindrance to your performance should be worked out efficiently.
6) Say No to Multi-tasking: When we try to multi-task our tasks we end up in doing nothing. This increases stress and makes us tensed which further accelerates the stress so instead of multi-tasking we should try Chunking. Chunking means to divide your tasks and time into chunks like starting the day with a weekly report and allotting 20 minutes to that report. In that 20 minutes do only that report and nothing else, then switching to some essential phone calls for another 20 minutes where you do only the phone calls and nothing else and so on. This way you are able to complete more in less time and achieve your goals effectively.
7) Being a perfectionist actually helps: Do not give up, deliver or hand over your work before you are sure it's perfect. Although perfectionism is a little discouraged by most of the colleagues as this hinders their performance if they are connected to the same task but struggling to do your job perfectly helps you become stronger in your work, praised by higher-ups and less stressed about the work so you need to see where you should act like a perfectionist and where you can be a little vigilant.
8) Be physically active: People having a 9 to 5 sitting job start feeling monotonous, sleepy and stressed out after lunch breaks which affects positive working. Stress can badly affect such people so it is recommended to stay active. One way to do this can be a walk or light exercise at lunch break as this can help reduce sleepiness and alert the mind and body for effective working.
9) Musical Drive: After a day full of stresses the drive home should be smooth. Usually this doesn't happen as you are confronted with traffic jams, road blocking etc on the way home. This can be controlled by listening to your favorite music while driving home. Not only does music relieve stress.
10) Use stress-relief equipment or oil:
8. Try this stress relief foot massage rollers which comes with a number of stress relieving features. Also check out this unique stress relief massage gun. It also helps in relieving you from any body ache. An instant stress relief essential oil kit is also available for quick stress and anxiety relief.
Workplace Stress does no good to us rather destroys us like a virus so instead of ignoring it it's better to eliminate it forever.
- Hits: 3492
The spring is in the air and the winter is fading away but the spring is not as smooth as it sounds, though a relief from the chilling winters is welcomed by many. The springs have brought along the beautiful blossoms of flowers and the grass is getting retrieved its lush green looks giving a warm welcome to the humans coupled with the warmness creeping into the weather and replacing winters.
In order to improve the health and fitness the experts have recommended ways of getting rid of seasonal allergies in order to keep the human health and fitness at its best without being affected. The experts recommend increasing the intake of essential fatty acids within diet, which include fish oils. Here are more ways to get rid of allergies easily.
More Ways To Prevent Yourself From Seasonal Allergy
Vitamin C Intake: Intake of vitamin C is also considered essential for the maintenance of human health and fitness thus assisting in keeping the Histamine levels very low in the blood. Also very important in seasonal allergies prevention is the dire monitoring of pollen and mold in the atmosphere. It is therefore suggested that windows and doors be closed and outdoor visits be curtailed when the pollen and mold count is high.
Carpets and Heavy Collectors: Dust collectors like carpets and heavy curtains must be avoided in the spring season for the sake of allergy prevention. People who do not possess much immunity against the seasonal allergies must wear face masks thus preventing the inhaling of the irritating elements causing seasonal allergies.
Homemade Saline: Homemade saline solution can also be used as a nasal spray for getting rid of seasonal allergies and also applying calamine lotion can significantly help mixed with oatmeal in a tub of warm water while bathing. This solution ensures quality health and fitness during the seasonal allergy prone seasons.
Use Of Right Air Filter: research has revealed that the air conditioning filters ionic electrostatic room cleaner are not that helpful, as the released ions cane be irritants thus causing allergies. The filters thus need to be changed regularly.
Prevention: If a history of the seasonal allergies is recorded then before the start of the changing weather, the medications must be started well in time, so as to prevent from getting allergy reactions.
Avoid self medication: Self medication should be avoided at all costs in getting rid of the seasonal allergies. Hence an allergist must be consulted who can offer the expert advice for treatment of the problem.
Use Air Purifiers for allergies: There are many such air purifiers available in the market. One good option to buy is available at Amazon by the Levoit brand, for a low price of only $89.99. Purifies for allergies, pets, smokers, dust, smoke, mold, pollen and mold.
These were some tips on how to prevent from seasonal allergy, hope you found these helpful.
Tag: How to get rid of allergies, seasonal allergies, how to get rid of allergy
- Hits: 5850
How to relieve stress? Life is full of stresses. The quicker we are able to cope with it or get over with it the better we are able to lead a healthy and prosperous life. Although stress is a temporary feeling but in a short span of time it takes away the life out of us so here are some easy techniques that can be used to get rid of the stresses of one's life.
Best Stress Relieving Techniques
1) Self Improvement with hypnosis: hypnosis is the key here as this is the most relaxing way to change or alter habits, relax one's body and thought process and save one from stress conditions.
2) Meditation is a healthy way to live. It relieves short term stresses and makes one able to control ones nerves.
3) Yoga works well: Yoga is the best activity to cope up with anxiety and stress. It involves a series of breathing exercises, meditation and light muscle exercises that not only reduce stress but also makes the body relaxed.
4) Love Making: This works well as a stress reliever if it is done in a healthy relationship as it triggers the relaxing hormones present in the body which results in stress reduction.
5) The Laughter medicine: Laughter releases tension from the body so watching a comedy movie, a comic or just spending time with friends and laughing out the stress is one easy and effective reliever.
6) Music therapy: Listening to one's favorite music tunes while sitting on a relaxing chair works well in coping up with stress. Make sure you don't listen to fast songs or those which have loud drum, bass or other heavy sounds in the background.
7) Out and About: Stress can also be reduced through walking, playing outdoor games, long drives, gardening, shopping etc.
8) Balanced eating habits: Whatever one eats affects the mind and body so eating habits should be rectified. The best way is to eat more healthy food and less junk food and eat three times a day only. Investing in fruits and vegetables helps reduce stress to a great extent.
9) Be vigilant with the tic-tak-toe sound: Time management skills reduce stress. If one is able to do all his chores in the set time period than half of the stresses of his life come to an end. As the person starts feeling disciplined with time self-confidence start taking over stresses.
10) Loneliness is prohibited: Relationships add colors to our lives and the essence of a good relationship is communication. We should always have someone we can trust and talk our hearts out as discussing your problem with someone usually helps in solving the problems and stresses.
11) Switch from black to green: Reducing the amount of black caffeine to green helps in stress relieving. Consuming a high amount of Caffeine makes stress get healthier and stronger so reduce caffeine from your life. Instead use green tea, which encompasses plenty of benefits.
12) Think before you act: It is a simple technique that ensures you don't go unplanned lest something worse happen. Always plan your every work from basic to detail and try to visualize how you want it to happen. This is not just a mental exercise for stress reduction but also a smart way to remain disciplined.
13) Use essential oil or equipment for stress relief: This stress relief foot massage rollers comes with many stress relieving features It is available for purchase for a low price at Amazon. Also check out this stress relief massage gun. It helps in relieving you from any body ache too. An instant stress relief essential oil kit is also selling at Amazon for quick stress and anxiety relief.
These are the variety of stress relieving techniques but any of them will only show results when you follow the rules well. The first step to reduce stress is to fight with it directly. Avoiding things, tasks or people that bring stress to your lives is not a solution rather a head on collision with stress is the right way to deal with it.
Tags: Stress Reduction Techniques, stress relieving, How to Relieve Stress
- Hits: 3355
More Articles ...
Page 6 of 12